Where are the biggest injection molding machines in the world (continuing a previous post)?
Maurizio Passalacqua, managing director of ENGEL Italia, tells The Molding Blog that Engel has six machines with 5,500 metric tons in clamping force operating in the field. Here are the specifics:
- Duo 5500 at Capp Plast in Capalle, Italy for production of industrial and agricultural containers,
- Duo 5500 at Helesi Italia in Pisticci for agricontainers,
- Duo 5500 at Helesi Greece in Komotini for agricontainers,
- Duo 5500 with three injection units at Otto Graf in Germany for water reservoirs up to 140 kg in shot weight,
- Duo 5500 with two injectors at ESE OTTO Group in Germany for waste bins, and
- Duo 5500 with two injectors at SULO in Germany for waste bins